This course is aimed at personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
This course is not attendance based and successful completion of all modules is required in order to pass.
You will spend 6 days training in the five elements resulting in a comprehensive knowledge and ability to be responsible for yourself and others, whilst being able to perform emergency procedures in case of rescue or first aid situations. All the courses are tailored to the wind farm environment to offer you the most realistic training available.
This 6 day course comprises of:
- Sea Survival and Marine Transfer
- Working at Height and Rescue
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Fire Awareness
The course can be physically demanding and to participate in the training you must be medically fit and capable of participating fully. You must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate as proof of your recent fitness.
- You must provide a valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- You must be 18+
- This course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (we advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions (Parts of the training will take place outsite)
- Safety footwear
- Swimwear (Towel, swimming costume etc.) We have on site changing rooms and showers.
- Personal kit
You are allowed to bring your own PPE other than that provided by CWind Training. You must provide a signed self-declaration stating that the equipment is in good condition and relevant inspections are up to date. CWind Training withholds the right to refuse use of equipment if it fails visual inspection.