GWO First Aid Refresher personnel who already work in the wind industry or related fields and have their duties in a wind turbine environment, usually in physical contact with a wind turbine or an offshore wind structure.
Your GWO First Aid certificate must be in date at the time you attend this course.
The aim of GWO First Aid Refresher is to build on previous competence to allow students to be able to administer safe and effective First Aid in the wind turbine industry/ WTG environment, in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
The course can be physically demanding and to participate in the training you must be medically fit and capable of participating fully. You must provide us with a copy of your valid, current medical certificate as proof of your recent fitness.
- Valid in date GWO First Aid certificate
- You must provide a valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- You must be 18+
- This course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.
- A valid GWO or similar working at height qualification as part of the course is run on our towers to simulate a realistic environment.
- Appropriate clothing to climb in (we advise loose clothing which does not hinder your movement)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions (Parts of the training will take place outsite)
- Safety footwear
You are able to bring your own PPE other than that provided by CWind Training. You must provide a signed self-declaration stating that the equipment is in good condition and relevant inspections are up to date. CWind Training withholds the right to refuse use of equipment if it fails visual inspection.